AKA MAGIC MIKE
Name and Any "Nicknames"
Mike Needleman aka Magic Mike
WHAT GOT YOU INTO CROSSFIT?
Saw my High School Cross Country coach who was a games athlete back in 2009 always doing crazy workouts and lifting a lot of weight after practice. One day I asked if he could show me how to snatch and I immediately fell in love.
WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO START COACHING?
I wanted to have a positive impact on other peoples lives through fitness. I figured coaching was the best way to help people achieve their goals (whether it was fitness related or some other area of interest) and establish a relationship of trust and respect.
WHAT COACHING CERTIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE DO YOU HAVE?
- CrossFit L1 Experience:
- Coach for CrossFit for 4 years
- Graduate Assistant of Strength and Conditioning at ESU responsible for designing all strength and conditioning programs for Men & Women's Cross Country, Men & Women's Soccer, Field Hockey, Women's Basketball, Tennis, and Golf
- Online program design
WHAT HOBBIES DO YOU HAVE OUTSIDE OF THE GYM?
Hanging with friends and my dogs, dancing, and eating pizza
IF YOU COULD PUT A MESSAGE ON A BILLBOARD WHAT WOULD IT SAY?
Life's too short to be unhappy
WHAT IS ONE LESSON YOU WISHED YOU LEARNED EARLIER IN LIFE?
There isn't a "one size fits all" approach to anything in life. Every individual is different and what might work for you might not necessarily work for them. That includes fitness and every other aspect of life.
WHAT FITNESS ACCOMPLISHMENT ARE YOU MOST PROUD OF?
Being able to increase my fitness over the course of my entire life even with my busy schedule.
WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR CURRENT GOALS?
- Try my best to perform to my full potential for each training session
- Better my recovery game (sleep, body work, stress)
- Be more in the present moment
- Creative a positive impact on more peoples lives Long term: CrossFit Games and stay healthy
NAME ONE OF YOUR HIDDEN TALENTS
Not sure if it's a hidden talent but I'm quite the dancer
NAME ONE TALENT YOU WISH YOU HAD
I wish I was good at magic tricks
FAVORITE CHEAT MEAL
Pizza or Ben & Jerry's
FAVORITE CROSSFIT LIFT
Handstand Walk...technically I'm lifting my own body
WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT STROUD CROSSFIT?
ANY OTHER FUN FACTS ABOUT YOURSELF?
- Competed in Hip-Hop for 10 years at regional, national, and world level
- Loves puppies and pizza
- Minimally clothed 90% of the time